jueves, 2 de octubre de 2008

A Trip to the Past

If I had the opportunity to travel to the past I would like to go to the era when the Aztecs live. 
The setting is in Tenochtitlan, that is located in Lake Texcoco. The place has many green areas and there are basements better called as pyramids that are huge structures made of stone,
many of the basements have large stairs.
The people that live there are called Aztecs, they are very worker people, they speak a language called Nahuatl and they have created a system to help agriculture that is called ''Chinampas''.
If  I were in Tenochtitlan I would like to know how the pyramids were before and learn how the Aztecs construct them. I would like to know and learn about their culture, their traditions and many things so when I return to the present I can be able to transmit all these things to the people of the present, especially to the children, because now a days many of our traditions have disappeared. 
Of course I would like to learn their language and be able to talk with them and ask them to tell me about their gods for example: Tlahuac, Quetzalcoatl, Tezcatlipoca and Huitzilopochtli, and be part of one of their rituals where they make sacrifices. 
I would like to talk with their Emperors Moctezuma, Cuitlahuac and Cuahtemoc. 
I would like to travel to this time because I would like to know about are ancestors, how did they live, what things they did, how did they construct the pyramids and more things.
and if I had the opportunity to change something of that time it would be to make people aware of what Hernan Cortes and the Spanish people would do to us, our lands and all the Aztecs, I would never trust in them and I would fight until they get out of our lands, I would tell all the Aztec people to fight against the Spanish and advise them to create new and better weapons to fight. I would talk with the Emperor to aware him of all the danger the Spanish people would do to mexico, maybe he would not believe me but I would be smart enough to tell him that their god Huitzilopochtli was the one who tell me to aware him of this things, maybe this way all the history would change, maybe Mexico would be a total different Mexico.
I think everything would be different for Mexico if the Spanish Colonizaton had never occured.

No hay comentarios: